Klonopin is a medicine which treats seizures, panic attack and anxiety. Klonopin medication can be recommended for many other medical reasons too. This medicine should not be consumed without doctor’s prescription as it has a long list of side effects.
Common side effects of Klonopin
These side effects are very common and are temporary. They may ward off within a few days or weeks. Alternatively, they would subside after you stop consuming the medicine. These side effects are not life threatening and are common in occurrence. It is not a compulsion to visit a doctor upon these side effects. But, if they are affecting your quality of your life, you ought to visit a doctor.
- Sleepiness, dizziness, feeling tired or insomnia
- Body ache, muscle pain, muscle weakness, head ache
- Loss of appetite, nausea, constipation, diarrhea
- Change in weight
- Skin rash
- Blurred vision
Side effects related to skin
Some skin related side effects are also common in Klonopin. The common side effects are hair loss, rash in skin, rash in ankle, hirsutism, facial edema and others.
Seizure-related side effects of Klonopin
If you already suffer from seizures, you need to learn a little more about seizures side effects of Klonopin. There are a lot of chances for those with seizures to experience unexplainable drowsiness. 25% of people with seizure would have abnormal change in behavior which would ward off over time.
Allergic reactions are not common in occurrence. If you have an allergic reaction to any similar drug, you may be allergic to Klonopin too. If you experience any of the following allergic reactions, stop the medicine immediately and get in touch with a doctor.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling in any part of face including neck
Know the very rare neurological side effects
Some very uncommon neurological side effects are aphonia, choreiform movements, coma, glassy eye appearance, tremor, vertigo, respiratory depression, hypotonia, hemiparesis and slurred speech
Other rare side effects
These are very rare in occurrence. The top rare side effects are
- coated tongue
- dry mouth
- sore gums
- vivid dreams or nightmares
- congestion in chest
- increased levels of alkaline phosphatase.
Check with a doctor to learn more about the side effects of Klonopin and how they would affect you based on your medical history, risk factors and others. Pharmacies which provide Klonopin without prescription should be checked thoroughly before the medicine is bought.
Serious side effects
Serious side effects occur very rarely. If you experience any of these serious side effects, you ought to stop the medicine immediately and get emergency medical help. The serious side effects of this pill are
- Confusion or unusual thoughts including thoughts of suicide
- Change in behavior, increase in risk taking behavior and lack of fear of danger
- Aggressiveness or tendency to hurt themselves or others
- Involuntary eye movements
- Escalated heart rate
- Pale skin which is easily bruised
- Seizure, even in those who have no history of seizures
- Increase or decrease in the frequency of urination, painful urination
- Hyperactive, restlessness, hostile behavior, irritability
- Illogical depression or anxiety
- Sudden mood swings