Klonopin is prescribed to children, to reduce or avoid seizure. If your child is taking the drug regularly, you should not stop it at any cost. This medicine is used to treat myoclonic seizures too. And get the more information about how important to take Klonopin medicine to treat child seizure disorders.
Efficacy of Klonopin for treating seizures in children
Effect of the drug in children with seizure was studied by testing the medication on 19 children affected with epilepsy. Some were provided with placebo and some were given this anxiety med. The children were studied for every 24 hours and the results were recorded. It was found that Klonopin without prescription was purchased in low dosage strength reduced the incidence of seizures in children. Even though this medication does have the characteristics to control seizures, a more comprehensive inference is required to justify its potential.
what are the Points to follow before taking Klonopin?
Before giving this pill to your child, you need to talk to your doctor about any medical conditions related to kidney, liver, respiratory system and heart. You need to remember the following points before you start using this medicine.
- Talk to your child from time to time, to learn about any side effects.
- Do not overdose or underdose your child. It may lead to serious problems.
- Do not give the whole pack of medicine to your child. It is an addictive medicine. Keep the medicine with you.
- Do not give medicine to your child because he has the same symptoms just like you. You need to talk to a doctor before you plan to do so.
- Do not crush or dissolve medicine in water. Take it as per instruction laid packet.
Dosage Guidelines for children to treat seizures
When it comes to a child, medicine management would be hard. Make sure your child does not miss any dose. Use incentives like chocolate to persuade them to take the medicine. Talk to your doctor about every single out-of-normal behavior or condition in your child. Your child might not properly communicate his every problem with you. Talk to them and learn about any changes. You should always stick to the rules that are laid by your doctor while using and buying Klonopin.
Side effects of Klonopin in children
It is not easy to identify the side effects as your child may not be able to mention all abnormal effects of the medicine. Here are the top medical conditions which you need to check in your child.
- Drowsiness, dizziness and slurred speech
- Change in behavior
- Uncontrolled movement of limbs
- Muscle weakness
Below are the side effects that are very severe. On account of experiencing any of the below-stated side effects, you need to stop using the medicine and get emergency medical help.
- Severe drowsiness
- Hallucination or aggressive behavior
- Change in heart rate
- Trouble in breathing
- Seizures in high intensity